Thursday 18 November 2010

What am I doing?

What am I doing? I don't know what made me start a blog now, or as yet what I'm going to blog about but for some reason I had the urge to start one.

Just recently, I've been spending many of my evenings sitting at my new laptop. My partner, upstairs preparing work, I thought that doing something constructive would be better than watching yet another episode of Top Gear on Dave (sorry Jeremy. I love you and your Hamster and Slow, but there are only so many re-runs I can take).

So, being a programmer, and a big fan of the Telerik components that we use in our daily development, I thought I'd start trying to help out in the Telerik Forums and submitting Code Library articles. There was no aim at first other than filling a couple of hours, but I quickly became quite taken with it.

Maybe you think this is a little sad, but I can tell you, it has huge benefits for more than just the people that I'm trying to answer questions for.

First off, yes, there's the satisfaction of having a response marked as answer by another fellow developer who needed help. My own knowledge of the products has rocketed, and this helps in my daily life at work. I also end up earning Telerik points for my company which means that we are now on track to get huge discounts on new products. It keeps me thinking of programming too. Some may say this is bad, but I really love it.

So, I want to thank Telerik for giving me some extra motivation. And, if you're a .NET prgrammer too, I'd suggest having a look at the Telerik controls.

No comments:

Post a Comment